CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Morale, Welfare, and Recreation...


This week is our 'MWR' week here on south camp. As the title of the post indicates, it is a time of recuperation; a bit of down time from the busyness of the deployment. I have decided to spend my free time this week doing as little as possible. I am scheduled to take a long weekend trip in the next few weeks to drive to Cairo and sight-see, so I don't feel bad about wasting this opportunity to survey the locality. My plans for the week? Sleep in as late as I can, lay in bed until my stomach forces me to eat, watch movies, listen to music, and read... if i feel like it. I'm going to pretend I'm back in high school during summer vacation... better yet, with my notoriety for being absent from school all together, it's like I'm back in high school. I'll add on to the post later this week, letting you know how it goes.


4/10/08
Alright, it's been three days, and I must say, quoting Office Space "I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be." Laziness is the best and worst thing in the world. I've come to learn that if you can conquer boredom, you can take on anything. Perhaps tomorrow I'll go to the beach, the guys are talking about getting together for a game of beach volleyball. Talk about mixing it up.

Picture today: Totally unrelated to the post, but contrary to world belief, Americans aren't the only egotistical human beings who think that they own planet earth and can pollute the environment with excessive luxury vehicles. Unfortunately CO2 pollution is the least of our worries these days; we'll be lucky to see the light of day when the polar ice caps melt, in the wake of global terrorism and massive world conflicts happening now. Until we can solve the issues we face now, drive safely everybody.

0 comments: