CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gone Again.


I am headed back out to the Observation Posts again, so count on me not being around for a few weeks. I'll attempt to keep writing thoughts down as I go, so I can update this upon my return.

On a side note, I believe I have mastered the art of packing. While many members of my squad have trouble fitting their "necessary" equipment into 3-4 full sized bags, I've managed to fit everything I need into our ironically named 'three-day assault packs'. No, I don't intend on wearing the same uniform every day, I actually packed 7 sets of everything, along with books, my computer, and mission essential gear. I think they wrongly issued me a 'three-week assault pack' but I'm not complaining. Less for me to carry. I'm the assistant gunner for the machine gun, so I have to tote the spare barrel and tripod mount, so the less, the better.

Picture today: the long, barren road to the field.

0 comments: