CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Excuses.



Good morning, day, afternoon, evening, or night, whichever it may be for you reading this right now. I apologize for falling behind in my posting, but numerous outdated posts are in the works to be published. Also, the old pictures that didn't load properly will be reloaded for your viewing enjoyment.

In testament as to why I haven't posted in nearly two weeks, I will expel an explanation. With the current mission frenzy and the chaos of a new mission looming on the horizon, I am working hard and keeping busy with all the stuff that I do here. I've also suffered numerous technological difficulties in even trying to update regarding a pending update. This blog serves as a reminder of how great and also how poor our technology can be. I'll remain optimistic, to say the least, I'm grateful I have personal access to internet of this capacity. Whether it be the network acting up, or the blogger site refusing to accept my new posts for unexplained reasons, I have been unable to keep adding new posts. I equate my current internet spectacle to that of a kinked hose; once the first kink (internet connection) is worked out other kinks (unruly web servers) find their way to prevent you from watering (updating) the flowers (readers). Hey, I thought that was a good analogy, so enough snickering. Moral of the story: good things come to those who wait, and maybe if you wait long enough I'll write enough quality posts to win a The Pulitzer Prize in Web Journalism (don't count your chickens, I can't afford an editor).

Today was my first real down time, with nothing to do, and rather than sit inside on my computer, I indulged in some beach relaxation time. It was well worth it. I'm also working on replying to some e-mails, as that's something I'm also behind on. Add in some tidying up of the my billets and give me two hours until I go back on duty and you have one busy Mr. Nace.

Again I apologize for the delay in posts, back to work I go. Mom, don't worry, I'm still doing well and enjoying life each and every day. Hang in there, I'll make sure to post the new updates ASAP. I managed to get one new one in today thus far, and I'm working on filling in the gargantuan 2 weeks span of post-less-ness (a new word perhaps) before I depart to save the world by preserving the peace.

Post appended: Last night I got my coffee pot and a bag of Wawa coffee, among other great goodies in a parcel from my Mom. Definitely perfect timing, looks like Mr. Coffee will be joining the ranks of 3rd squad for the upcoming mission. I intend on drinking unequivocal amounts of coffee and editing and revising as many posts as possible tonight before hitting the gym.

Picture today: My alternative girlfriend and I reunited thanks to the United States Parcel Service and my Mother. Thank you all.

0 comments: