CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Month, New Mission.


Ah, the beginning of month numero dos here on the lovely Sinai Peninsula.

I am very much so settled in, and preparing for the months of work ahead of me. I'm getting readjusted to daily army life. Nothing new or exciting to note right now, so I'll leave you with my thoughts on life here:

The laundry service takes three days, sure beats waiting in line for a washer and dryer.

Tipping the laundry guys will definitely guarantee faster service.

The Force Exchange (FX) is terrible at keeping stuff in stock, perhaps we're just over-eating like all other Americans.

The perimeter road on camp is exactly two miles, should make for a good workout, especially with the steep hills.

The food is, eh, just like all other Army dining facilities.

Contrary to prior belief, mail does not take nine weeks to arrive. It seems as though by weeks, they meant days. The cookies are still stale after 9 days in the hands of the USPS.

I don't think I'll spend a day here not missing her.

I need sheets, I'm tired of sleeping in my sleeping bag.

The weather is perfect right now and I enjoy living on a bluff overlooking the sea. Sure beats the weather in Washington.

I'm looking forward to going on duty tours to see the pyramids et al.

That's all the thoughts currently running through my head. Picture today: from training in the Winter at Yakima Training Center, Washington to mission in the Winter at South Sinai, Arab Republic of Egypt.

0 comments: